Join the NFTGA
Benefits of Membership
- National networking and job referrals
- Access to tour guide liability insurance
- Discounted fees to attend NFTGA tour guide conferences featuring speakers, workshops, lectures and panel discussions as well as opportunities for an informal exchange of information
- Representation for tourism-related legislative affairs at the National level
- Access to membership in the World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations (WFTGA)
- Receive the NFTGA-USA Newsletter that includes articles of national importance and information about what is happening around the U.S. in its member associations
What does it take to become a member of the NFTGA-USA?
There are three categories of membership.
Association Membership: To be a full voting member of the NFTGA-USA, you must be an association of tour guides. Each member organization of the NFTGA-USA pays $2.00 per dues paying member. There is a dues minimum of $50.00 and a dues maximum of $500.00 per calendar year per organization.
The number of members reported should include ALL categories of dues paying members to include active or inactive guides, full or part-time guides, affiliates, associations, corporate, friends or other categories, if they pay dues. Membership categories that do not pay dues, such as honorary members, are exempt from the count.
Affiliate Membership: Affiliate membership is open to tourism-related organizations and/or businesses that wish to maintain contact and be affiliated with the NFTGA-USA. Affiliate Membership is open to for-profit and non-profit organizations at a cost of $200.00 and $100.00 per calendar year, respectively.
Friend Membership: Any individual who supports the goals and standards of the NFTGA, who may or may not be a guide, or may or may not have access to a local NFTGA member association in his or her area, may join as a non-voting "Friend;" however, insurance is only available through Member Association Membership. The yearly dues to join as an NFTGA Friend is $50.00.